Thursday, April 22, 2010

How Long Has This Been Going On?

This could easily be one of the first things I delete but I want to throw up some words to at least remind myself what I'm trying with this. I am 26 years old. By this point in my life I expected to have been or done the included, but not limited to, things; writer of several novels and perhaps a book of short stories, a film director, screenwriter, script doctor, cinematographer, ballet dancer, fashion photographer and archaeologist. That exactly none of these have happened is completely my responsibility.

I have a terrible habit of writing or imagining the most perfect book/movie/whatsit in my head and it never reaching the page or even the the earliest stages of construction. Well no more, I'm tired of being an idle spectator in my own life, and time seems to be speeding up into a frightening blur. I'm going to keep repeating a saying I spotted a few weeks ago, "The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, the second best time is now", repeatedly.

I like movies, books, culture, anything that makes you feel warm and connected to the creative thread running through the universe. And I'm going to write about them and whatever crosses my mind. And I'm going to post it here, to be deleted if it proves hopeless or to be edited and worked into shape.

I won't make a grand list (at least online) of what I hope to accomplish less I look back in six months and feel embarrassed. But there we are again, I'm tired of looking back six months down the line and feeling embarrassed and knowing I've got no one to blame but myself. So I want out, I want to give back to the creative pool just some of the pleasure and education it's given me over the years, and one of my goals is to write and direct my own film. I'm done trying to be perfect, I'm ready to be a work in progress. I guess I write this to ask for your patience and to say stick around. I'm a jumble of likes, impressions, and obsessions and hopefully this place will reflect that.

Photobucket

No comments: