Saturday, November 27, 2010

"He clapped His hands, and the thunders rolled..."

Slacktivist is one of my favorite blogs, his Left Behind take down is essential reading, and this post has proved unexpectedly lovely. This is one of the few times you'll want to read the comments, plenty of wonderful poems and songs and stories being shared. Including the poem in the previous post, which is where I found it.

One of the comments wondered if this sharing was a kind of worship. I think it is. It's beautiful how humans will build communities, even online ones, to connect. To say, "I was here, this is what I saw." Art in every form is the only kind of divinity I'll ever really fully believe in. Or even more accurately, the only kind I'll ever fully trust. We can look to a promise and find it empty, but when we look at each other and tell stories we've done something real, and amazing. In an odd way stories can be the realest things we'll ever know.

1 comment:

Michael Mock said...

Yes. I'm not a big fan of comments that basically just chime in to agree, but in this case... well, I'm chiming in to agree.