Saturday, February 11, 2012

Music in the Air, "I'm Every Woman" Whitney Houston

She was part of the soundtrack of my school life. I remember riding home from middle school and hearing one of her songs in the car, or on the radio when I got home and into my room. And no matter how awful the day had been, her voice and the beats would lift it right off me like so much unneeded baggage. The sound was warm and alive, it was red and golden lights, and sleek club floors with beautiful boys and girls dancing in pretty clothes. It was escape and freedom. And it would make me dance too, not giving a damn about anything but her voice and my happiness in that particular moment. And I'd dance until all I could hear was the roar of my heartbeat in my ears, and her voice, nothing ever drowned out her voice. Rest in peace.

No comments: